Saturday, September 29, 2012

Rick Steves is Looking for 100,000 Friends

Rick Steves, the famous travel author and a friend of Bread for the World, will donate one dollar to Bread  for every person who "Likes" his page on Facebook between now and midnight, October 1.  Click here to Like his Facebook page.
















Here is Rick's Appeal

Wow, our “$100k for 100k friends” hunger initiative has inspired a frenzy of friending. I thought it would take days (not hours!) to reach this goal. You blindsided me. Thank you…and The full scope of Bread for the World’s innovative campaign against hunger and poverty launches on October 2nd, and that’s when I’ll write them the check. So, let’s make it out for this amount: 

$1 for every “like” I have on the Rick Steves Facebook page as of midnight, October 1st.

How far above $100,000 will we go? That’s up to you…with a little help from your friends. As I post this, we’re at $102,200. 

Please share this post, and make me write a bigger check.

To learn more about this exciting initiative, see the September 26th post on my Facebook Timeline. Watch the 3-minute videos from Mitt Romney and Barack Obama that explain their plans for fighting hunger and poverty in America. (You won’t find the candidates talking directly about this important issue elsewhere as it doesn’t “poll well.”) I found it fascinating to examine each candidate’s carefully chosen words on this subject. You can, too.

No comments: