OffCenter Community Arts Project invites you to its 14th Annual Folk Arts Festival--a full day of spontaneous fun for the whole family on Sunday, September 11, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Robinson Park in downtown Albuquerque (map)
The festival features a wide range of activities.
- Bring your creative juices and join with other participants in producing your own works of art in OffCenter's Art Making Tent.
- 100 local artist vendors will be selling affordable, hand-made creations
- local food trucks will offer an assortment of food items for sale.
- Join in agiant puppet parade at Noon (Below is a scene from the parade in 2014)
- Enjoy folk dancing, magic, fortune telling, and caricature drawing.
- Listen to several local musical acts, including Seth Hoffman, The Lost Tribe of Mardi Gras, Joanie Cere & Darin Goldston, Eilenen & the In-Betweens, Zoltan and the Fortune Tellers
- Visit OffCenter's free-to-the-public studio, gallery, and art sales shop, too as we’ll be open on Festival Day from 10 am to 2pm. The OffCenter studio is opposite the park, across Central Ave at 808 Park Ave., SW (between 8th and 9th streets!)