Friday, June 08, 2012

Psalm 23 for Busy People


God is my pace-setter, I shall not rush;
God makes me stop and rest for quiet intervals,
God provides me with images of stillness,
which restore my serenity.
God leads me in the way of efficiency,
through calmness of mind;
and God’s Guidance is peace.
Even though I have a great many things
to accomplish each day,
I will not fret, for God’s presence is here.
God’s timelessness, God’s all-importance
will keep me in balance.
God prepares refreshment and renewal
in the midst of activity,
by anointing my mind with oils of tranquility;
my cup of joyous energy overflows.
Surely harmony and effectiveness
shall be the fruits of my hours
and I shall walk in the pace of my God,
and dwell in God’s house forever.

Adapted from the King James version by Tecki Miyashima published in Eerdmans’ Book of Famous Prayers:

No comments: