|Lobby Day 2016 at Sen. Udall's Office, Hart Senate Building|
There are two ways in which Bread members in New Mexico can help support the messages that Larry and Ellen will be bringing to the congressional offices.
- On Lobby Day, June 13, we can participate in Virtual Lobby Day via our smartphones and landlines.
- On Friday, June 16, Bread members in Albuquerque will be visiting the local offices of Sen. Tom Udall, Sen. Martin Heinrich and Rep. Michelle Lujan Grisham to reinforce the Lobby Day requests
(June 13, 2017)
Use this toll-free number to call your Members of Congress. 800/826-3688 The Capitol Switchboard will connect you to their offices. (This, of course, applies to Bread members anywhere in our country)
|Photo: Wikimedia Commons|
Virtual Lobby Day Script
Hi, my name is __________ and I’m calling from __________ as part of Bread for the World’s lobby day. My zip code is __________.
I urge Senator __________ /Representative __________ to:
- Oppose any budget cuts that would increase hunger and poverty in the U.S. and around the world. Worldwide, nearly 800 million people are hungry, including 20 million at risk of starvation in Africa and th e Middle East due to famine.
- Fully fund domestic safety-net and international development progra ms that end hunger and poverty. This includes providing at least $60 billion for international affairs in the fiscal year 2018 budget and adequately funding programs like SNAP, Medicaid, WIC, and summer EBT.
- Oppose harmful structural changes to SNAP , Medicaid, and international development assistance.
Albuquerque Lobby Day Visits
(June 16, 2017)
|Bread, Oxfam members at Sen. Heinrich's #ABQ office (2014)|
The message is identical to the one that Larry and Ellen will be bringing to the Washington offices. That message is the same one that callers will be using for virtual Lobby Day.
If you would like to join parishioners from St. Michael and All Angels Episcopal Church, St. Timothy's Lutheran Church, St. John XXIII Catholic Community and Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Catholic Community in these visits, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org We have appointments with the offices of Sen. Tom Udall and Rep. Michelle Lujan Grisham and are working on scheduling a visit with Sen. Martin Heinrich's office.