A JustMatters module focusing on hunger has been in the works for months, and the curriculum, entitled Hunger for Change, will finally be available in January of 2017! This module, created in partnership with Bread for the World and Catholic Relief Services, explores the realities of food insecurity in the United States and throughout the world in a prayerful process that includes study, rich dialogue, and an immersion experience. The module seeks to inspire faith- filled action to end hunger.
Here is how JustFaith is promoting the new module.
“For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink...” – Matthew 25:35Every day 795 million people experience hunger.
“Hunger for Change is a process that gathers people of faith together to explore the realities of hunger so that they can live and act in ways that are generous, life-giving, and Gospel-inspired. I’m encouraged by the growing, faith-vased movement to end hunger.”-Revered Ron Sider, author of Rich Christians in an Age of Hunger
Hunger for Change consists of eight 2 1/2-hour sessions. Registration fee: $175 Additional resources, $13 per participant All other materials are web-based
This module is designed to be facilitated by one or two volunteers
- Listen to the stories of people all over the world who struggle to feed themselves and their children.
- Encounter people who live in marginalized and under - resourced communities and learn how they respond to food insecurity.
- Explore the biblical promise of abundance to God’s people.
- Engage in spiritual practices and actions that illu- minate the realities of food insecurity, and work toward positive change to end hunger.
- Take action to reshape our lives, communities,
and systems to address the root causes of hunger
in our home communities and around the world.