The commemoration of Earth Day has evolved in the Duke City over the years, and awareness about the environment and the need to protect our natural resources has taken on great importance in light of global efforts to address climate change.
Now there are multiple events around the city on or near Earth Day, including a special Seder at the Jewish Community Center (sorry, it's sold out!).
Many other events have been scheduled around the city, including
- A five-day commemoration (Wednesday-Sunday, April 20-24) at the Albuquerque BioPark,
- An evening fest at Civic Plaza on Friday (April 22), featuring music from Lone Piñon
- and Reviva!
- The Red & Green VegFest at the Albuquerque Convention Center on Saturday, (April 23)
- The First Annual Earth Citizens Walk (1K and .3K) at the Bachechi Open Space (Alameda and Rio Grande Blvd.) on Sunday (April 24). This event is sponsored by the organization ECO.
- See the full listing for Celebrate the Earth events in The Albuquerque Journal.