During April, we will be posting several pieces in this blog related to the environment and the Global Goals for Sustainable Development, including a series on water. We begin by sharing these recommendations from Catholics Confront Global Poverty
10 Ways You Can Celebrate Earth Day from
Earth Day is the perfect time to help Catholics in your area respond to Pope Francis’ call to “be ‘protectors’ of creation”!
- Get Catholic Climate Covenant’s free, downloadable Earth Day 2016 Program Guide.
- With family or friends, pray this Laudato Si’ prayer in English and Spanish.
- Watch the video on Care for God’s Creation from the CST101 video series by CRS and USCCB.
- Use these resources for liturgy and preaching on the Sunday before or after Earth Day to call attention to our role in caring for God’s creation
- Learn how local community organizations, including those funded by the Catholic Campaign for Human Development, are addressing environmental issues. Join their efforts!
- Gift Green Street Park or Drop by Drop to your parish’s religious education program or school. Both of these children’s books are about kids caring for creation.
- Gather with a group of friends and reflect on Laudato Si’ using USCCB’s discussion guide in English and Spanish.
- Share this Laudato Si’ bullet insert, in English and Spanish, in your parish.
- Get inspired by what others are doing to Act Together to care for creation.
- Advocate! Participate in this current action alert.