|Photo from Roadrunner Facebook Page|
While the campaign recommends activities for the month of September, we are encouraged to take actions to address hunger every day of the year. Specifically, the campaign brings greater attention to the issue of hunger in America and promotes ways for individuals everywhere to get involved with the movement to solve it.
- Some might start by using Feeding America's Social Media App turning their Facebook and/orTwitter profile orange and donate a tweet or status to hunger relief.
- Along those lines, Text RRFB to 20222 to make a one-time $10 donation.
- Stop by Roadrunner Food Bank, 5840 Office Blvd. NE (map), and bring a non-perishable or fresh food donation to the food bank's warehouse and pose for a photo on our ORANGE CARPET – you can even get dolled up with our orange accessories!
- You can also download the 30 Ways in 30 Days Calendar and post it up at your office, home and favorite coffee shop. There are still 23 days to participate, including today
- Meet Hungry Kate and share her two-minute video.
- Volunteer! Roadrunner Food Bank has volunteer shifts available Monday through Saturday and welcome children as young as six to participate with supervision. Staffcan also accommodate groups of up to 100 people, perfect for company team-builder days or scouting activities!
- Give! Become a donor and provide food to hungry people throughout the state. For every $1 you give, we can distribute FIVE wholesome meals!