The Friday-Saturday conference will provide producers, researchers and other interested individuals from around the Southwest an opportunity to share their experiences and expertise on organic practices and methods.
The conference will also feature a keynote address by Dr. Margaret Hiza Redsteer, a research scientist on the United States Geological Survey. Dr. Redster's address will address the question, Is It Drought, or Is This the New Normal?
Dr. Redster will bring years of observation and study along with the best and latest science to bear on what we can expect to see in the future and how it will affect farmers and ranchers in the southwest.
The conference, which will be held at the Mariott Pyramid hotel in Albuquerque, also includes dozens of workshops. Here are a few examples:
- Bring in the Bees, Is It Organic?,
- Looking at Inputs for Organic Production
- Small-scale Organic Egg Production
- Farming in Drought: Managing Soil Salinity
- Nature’s Bounty: Cultivating Native Crops