You start to get discouraged when you realize that you'd have to fork over (gasp!) anywhere from $2,115 to $167,380 for a single ticket from an official ticket sales site! You know, the one called Stub Your Toe or something like that.
Then you look for other alternatives and discover that a popular wholesale/retail box store is offering packages of $7,499.99 per person. Granted, those include a few nights at a luxury hotel. But still....
OOPS. Forgot that it's going to cost money to get to Dallas...
Then you think Fuhgeddaboudit! We'll just watch the Super Bowl on television in the comfort of our living rooms.
But as long as you're not spending $2,115, $7,499.99 or $167,380 on a ticket to a football game, how about considering this other option?
With all that extra money in your pockets, you can now attend the annual Souper Bowl to benefit Roadrunner Food Bank on Saturday, January 29 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. The event will be held at Roadrunner Food Bank 5840 Office Blvd. NE
For $40 in advance or $45 at the door - $10 for kids 12 and under, you can enjoy soups and desserts from more than 40 restaurants, live music, and exciting prize drawing packages.
And there is a bonus. You'll have the knowledge that you are helping Roadrunner Food Bank provide food for the hungry in our state.
Plus, you'll get a chance to use your culinary judging skills through the People's Choice competition. Attendees will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite soup, vegetarian soup, dessert and booth.
So how do you buy a ticket? Simply call 505 349-8921 or Purchase Tickets online
If you're on the fence, here's a bit of information that might get you over the goal line for six points. It's a list of some of the SouperBowl 2011 participating restaurants:
• A KayTahRing Company
• Annapurna’s World Vegetarian Café
• Artichoke Café
• Chama River Brewing Company
• Church Street Café
• Claudia Rae’s Sandwich Shop
• CoolWater Fusion Restaurant
• Courtyard by Marriott Journal Center
• Cristobal’s Fine Dining
• Cyprus Grille (Embassy Suites & Spa)
• Farina Pizzaria and Wine Bar
• Gecko’s Bar & Tapas
• Indulgence Café & Catering @JCC
• Johndhi’s BBQ
• Just Muffin Around
• Kelly’s Brew Pub
• Lovelace Westside Hospital
• McGrath’s Bar & Grill (Hyatt Regency)
• One Up Elevated Lounge
• Romano’s Macaroni Grill
• Santa Ana Café at the Tamaya
• Savory Fare
• Savoy Bar & Grill
• Seasons Rotisserie & Grill
• St. Clair Winery and Bistro
• Standard Diner
• Sweet and Savory
• Sysco Food Service of NM
• The Chocolate Cartel / Van Rixel Bros. Gelato
• The Grove Café and Market
• The Rancher’s Club of New Mexico
• Theobroma Chocolatier
• Torino’s at Home Trattoria Italiana & Café
• Trattoria Trombino’s Bistro Italiano
• Zinc Wine Bar & Bistro