Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Filmmaker features Albuquerque in piece about poverty

Michael Woodruff, a film student at Central New Mexico Community College (CNM), explores the causes of poverty by interviewing random people around Albuquerque.  His piece is entitled Poverty in America: Why are they Poor?

This film is relevant because the plight of the working poor in our country is going to be the subect of our 2010 Offering of Letters.

Michael tells us how he came to make this film in  2008,
While in Dr. Virginia Hamptons class one day, we talked about what makes people poor. There were many factors discussed and as you can see in my film these were what I thought were key. Anyway, for our end of semester project I decided to do a short documentary. It took me one month to shoot and two weeks to edit. I filmed a total of four hours.
This is a great documentary.  Take a look...

No comments: