Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sen. Udall to host Town Hall Meeting on Tuesday

Here is an invitation from Sen. Tom Udall to a town hall meeting on Tuesday, June 30.

Have any questions about what Congress is doing for you? Need help with any federal agency or program? Want to let the Senate know how you feel.

I want to hear from you. I want to extend a personal invitation to a Town Hall meeting I am hosting in Albuquerque. At this meeting, I'll tell you what I'm fighting for and give you an update on what Congress has done this year.

In less than six months, we have secured health insurance for 11 million American children, helped ensure that women receive equal pay for equal work and passed legislation to protect American families from predatory credit card companies. We have also passed an economic recovery package that will create 22,000 jobs in New Mexico and invest more than $600 million in New Mexico schools so that our children have the skills to succeed in the future. I want to talk to you about these achievements and the many other challenges that Congress is working to address.
More importantly, I want your feedback and input about the issues that are important to you, your family and the community. Your thoughts and ideas are critically important to me as I represent New Mexico in Washington.

Members of my staff will also be on hand to help anyone who needs assistance with a federal agency. We will also have copies of a New G.I. Bill Benefits Resource Guide, complete with application forms, that I created to help veterans apply for the new education benefits that will start being distributed on Aug. 1. The New G.I. Bill, which I helped pass last year, boosts benefits for post-9/11 veterans. Come see if you qualify.
WHAT: Town Hall Discussion with Senator Tom Udall
WHEN: Tuesday, June 30 at 12:00 PM
WHERE: VFW Post 401 at 2011 Girard Boulevard SE

No comments: