For me, travel can be a political act. After my travels, and after my studies of the issues presented by Bread for the World, I step into a voting booth with the notion that I'm not going to vote for what is good for my short-term financial interest. Instead, I want to vote as a a compassionate Christian, voting for what's important for struggling and desperate people. And I do so with the knowledge that whoever wins this election has a greater impact south of our border than it does on me. That's not noble, that's just enlightened. -an excerpt from an address by Rick Steves to participants in Bread for the World's 2014 National GatheringTravel writer and television host Rick Steves urges you to donate to the anti-hunger advocacy work of Bread for the World this Christmas season. Make a donation of $100 or more by Dec. 10 and receive the European Christmas gift package.
Pages
▼
No comments:
Post a Comment