Saturday, December 31, 2011

Vintage Photos: Anti-Hunger Events in Kansas City

As we begin 2012, we mark the occasion with a new format for the Bread New Mexico blog.  

I also thought it would be fun to begin the new year with some pictures from the past, specifically the 1980s.  These photos are from anti-hunger activities in Kansas City. 

I joined Bread for the World in 1983 when I was still living in the Midwest (even though I had heard about the organization back in New Orleans). A couple of years later I became volunteer grassroots coordinator in Missouri Fifth Congressional District. I held that post until we moved to New Mexico in 1992.  Here are some photos from that era..

Bread event at Visitation Parish


The Missouri CROP WALK folks
V.G. Cuppy and Kathy Rivers wear their Bread shirts
Hands Across America
CROP Walk
Crop Walk
Sister Stephanie Mertens

No comments: